Saturday, December 1, 2012

SOUNDS OF THE TRIANGLE: PHIL COOK & TOW3RS

Phil Cook's name has been popping up all over the Triangle since moving here a year and a half ago, but I have yet to see him perform. Last night I got to catch several songs at Lincoln Theater in Raleigh, NC. I'm hooked. I'm a sucker for roots influences blues. Phil Cook's "Hungry Mother Blues" started my Saturday off on the right "feat". This is a must listen.



I first saw T0W3RS in Raleigh, NC at one of the "Local Band, Local Beer" shows that Tir Na Nog has quite frequently on Thursday nights. T0W3RS is a young group of musician who, if they continue on this path, with gain a strong following in this region. Although their live set/sound could improve, their most recent release "Wyatt" is a short collection of catchy-ass rock songs seeming to drawing from both 70's and contemporary rock and pop. Be sure to dig on "Bounty".


-Steve